Sunday, February 13, 2011

If you see one goal from soccer this year, watch Wayne Rooney wondergoal from yesterday's match. #mufc

Unfortunately, I cannot claim to have been there or even claim to have been watching it live. I was otherwise engaged in the obligations of life, but got regular updates from my brother via text. The text I got from the 79th minute or so was "ROOOOOONNNEYYY!!! BICYCLE KICK!!!!" I knew something special had happened.

So after returning home I went to the bedroom to watch the "goal" thanks to the wonders of DVR and Fox Soccer Channel.

After watching it over and over again, it has to be the goal of the season. For any soccer player who has ever played or dreamed of playing, its the goal you always dream of scoring--- match in the waning minutes, against a bitter rival, score level, at home, 75,000 fans watching, overhead bicycle kick, top corner for the win ---Yes, it was that good.

No comments: